Tuesday 27 July 2010

All Creatures Great And Small

You know that awful feeling you get when you tread on a snail.....oooh...horrible....you hear a crunch and know you've destroyed a living thing...it sends a shudder right down your spine, doesn't it? Well yesterday I was busy sewing in the front room and heard a thud. I looked up from my work and saw a tiny little bird flying away from the window.

Poor little thing. I got that same awful shudder. I'd just about recovered when the same thing happened all over again....but this time the bird flew off and then came back at a tangent and seemed to fly into the front porch. I went to investigate, obviously by now it must have been disorientated...and may have been badly hurt, it had flown twice at speed into the window.

I couldn't see anything but just on the off chance checked my shopping basket hanging in the porch. Out flew the little bird....I was so pleased that it was able to fly away, unharmed....but kind of wished I hadn't disturbed it. It would have been fun to have a little bird living in the porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment