For two people you will need:
Two Tilapia fillets
A small sweet red pepper
Hot pepper, one small scotch bonnet or birds eye chilli
Nam Pla Fish Sauce or Soy/Tamari Sauce
Fresh lime or lemon
- Chop the sweet pepper into small dice and soften in a little oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Add the chopped hot chilli and a handful of coriander, also chopped. Remember that the stalks are full of flavour and can be used too if chopped finely.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles.
- Add the Tilapia fillets to the pan and cook for a couple of minute on each side.
- Add a few splashes of Fish Sauce
- Drain the noodles and mix into the wok allowing the fish to break up into large chunks
- Add a big squeeze of lime juice
- Serve with a fresh peppery watercress salad
A lovely spicy supper. Tilapia is a delicious fish to use in this way it has a mild almost creamy texture and taste and I think is really underrated.