Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
- persian chick pea flour confections that melt into your mouth, and disappear if you try to pick them up...I have no idea how they form those powdery little delicacies
- speedy lunches. Shop bought olives and humous on rye crisp-bread.
- Avocado and mint on nutty, seedy wholewheat bread...(after three wheat free weeks, it was something else...)
- carrot and coriander soup and spearmint tea
- lovely new to me, vintage 1970's Poole pottery lidded dish...I wonder who used this before me...I love the shape and it's the perfect size...Oh and flowers that need composting. Past their first bloom, but still smell amazing...
- making Persian chicken tachine. (Poached chicken, marinated in a yoghurt, fresh egg and saffron marinade,then mixed with par boiled and drained seasoned rice, placed in an oven proof covered dish and then baked for two hours on a medium heat to give golden crunchy topped moist rice with succulent chicken. Served with a red onion, cucumber,tomato salsa with a lemon and olive oil dressing, and more yoghurt) that lasted us all weekend. Whilst the lightening lit up the skies and thunder cymbals crashed and we brought down christmas decorations, H's baby clothes, a million winter coats and forgotten paintings, from the loft. Then tried to sort them out but got lost in their stories, keeping more than we parted with...
- fruity salad with avocado, galia melon, blueberries, tomatoes, radish, boiled egg, crunchy iceberg lettuce and honey mustard dressing.
- fresh produce shopping from the market
- no baking, but bowls full of fruit with yoghurt and maple syrup for the sweet toothed...
I'm joining Heather from beauty that moves for her 'this week in my kitchen' blog hop...