Tuesday 6 July 2010

Bead Games and 1001 Bohemian Nights

Possibly even better than the jerk chicken on Sunday was the opportunity to have a browse around Bead Games and 1001 Bohemian Nights at number 40 Cowley Road. The images don't give credit to the amazing Aladdin's cave of costumes, vintage clothes, accessories and of course beads that is Bead Games and 1001 Nights. If the intriguing window display hadn't been enough to entice me in, well then the teddy bears handing out invitations outside certainly would have.


I should have been patient. I found my perfect sun hat.....couldn't you just see Katharine Hepburn wearing that? 'A' offered to buy it for me but at £35 I thought it was a bit steep....but I did try it on and it looked really cute with black velvet ties.....and it would look lovely just hanging on the wall......but then there was the Chinese coolie hat too.........





I might be back, there was a beautiful antique Russian silk blouse that A insist I go back and buy......I'll keep you informed.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb. I'm tagging you as promised. If you go to http://birdwiththegoldenseed.blogspot.com/2010/07/tag-youre-it.html

    you'll see all the questions and you can answer as many or as few as you like. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caz sounds like fun.......

    ReplyDelete