This cute little cabbage was just crying out to be stir-fried.....A quick easy supper, just a bit of chopping....yum
For two People:
- Half a small cabbage shredded
- Three to four chopped scallions/spring onions
- One each small red, green and yellow peppers sliced into thin strips
- Two handfuls of sliced mushrooms
- One or two cloves of garlic finely chopped
- A small piece of root ginger, grated or finely chopped
- Nam Pla fish sauce or soy sauce/tamari
- Rapeseed oil for frying
- Sesame or sunflower seeds
- Toasted sesame oil
- Heat up rapeseed oil in a wok or heavy pan and add the cabbage, scallions and peppers and soften a little.
- Add the ginger and garlic making sure it doesn't burn followed by the mushrooms.
- Add the sauce continue cooking until the vegetables are crunchy but not raw.
- Place on a serving dish and add sesame seeds and toasted sesame oil.
You could add strips of chicken, beef or pork if you like or fresh prawns.
NB. A time saving tip I picked up watching Nigella is when in a desperate snip spring onions with kitchen scissors...much quicker than chopping onions. Which is why I usually have some in the fridge.