Sunday 27 February 2011

Fat Commas and Exclamation Marks and Sandals and Jumpsuit to die for...

image via
I took last week off work to nurse a toothache and bad chest and catch up on an art project for next month....and have a bit of fun too.

Watched:
nice gentle film The Kings Speech, loved the performances and shabby distressed interiors...

...part two of 1930's drama South Riding

...and 'A' who was on holiday from school mark a million exam papers and make delicious pizza's using Jamie Oliver's Thirty Minute pizza dough recipe although he baked them in the oven and not on the hob.
Made: a shadow lamp and Foolproof Madeira cake topped with slivers of almond and pistachio's and ate with yoghurt and blueberries.
Had: a Polyannah moment skinning broad beans to make Dill, Broad bean and Garlic Rice to eat with fried sardines and prawns that looked like fat commas and exclamation marks.
Was treated: by 'A' to new dress for exhibition, and myself to Marie Claire magazine and covetted dusky pink jump suit and wedge sandals...
I promised I'd show you when I'd got the magazine , didn't I?....wouldn't you just die for those shoes?

1 comment:

  1. Just look at all that beautiful food!! You have a truly gourmet household!
    I'd say it also looks like a wonderful time, and I suppose it was (apart from the toothache and bad chest - I hope you're feeling much better now).

    I love the jumpsuit and the sandals ... oh, and I really enjoyed The Kings Speech too - wonderful performances all round! :D

    ReplyDelete