Sunday 12 April 2015

A Perfect Weekend :: whoops...accidentally re-published...





Bright star, would I were stedfast as thou art--
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
And watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors--
No--yet still stedfast, still unchangeable,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever--or else swoon to death

John Keats


Lovely time with Hannah at the weekend we watched Bright Star again and loved it just as much as the first time. Had a fleeting visit to the Lucien Pissarro in England: Eragny Press 1895-1914 exhibition at the Ashmolean including a beautiful tiny copy of Keats, La Belle Dame Sans Merci and planned to visit Keats House in Hampstead as soon as we all have time to catch up again...



She brought me Lime and Basil bath and shower gel by Grand Tour because she knew I'd love the colours. It smells amazing, lovely and fresh and it has no parabens,no mineral oils, no harsh preservative and no artificial colours which is even better. A friend sent chocolates. They didn't last very long...John Keats biography by Andrew Motions now to be added on my never ending list of books to order...apparently it's complusive reading...

all the stills are from Jane Campion's Bright Star

10 comments:

  1. I still haven't seen 'Bright Star' yet but I know I'd love it. Sounds like a lovely weekend and I love the packaging on that shower gel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really recommend it. It has the most amazing cinematography and I think is quite true to the real story with a little bit of gentle humour...I highly recommend it...even Hannah who was already familiar with Keats work is now hooked even more and suggested the outing to the house he shared with Fanny's family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful weekend!!

    I absolutely adore 'Bright Star' ... I must watch it again soon myself ... though I know the tears will fall again ... it's such a beautiful film.

    You've made me completely jealous of those chocolates ... what a delicious selection!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's not the film to watch if you've just broken up with someone...but it is beautiful...

    ..the chocolates didn't last long at all...believe me....thankfully the house is now totally chocolate free...oh except for the jar of chocolate spread in the cupboard..but I have to have something for emergencies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of bright star so now I have to see what it is! Lime and basil sounds like two beautiful scents together :) I love coconut lime verbena but now can rarely find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the beautifully filmed story of the relationship of the romantic poet John keats and a young woman Fanny Brawne. (Not the prettiest name) It's lovely to watch and very romantic but is also quite sad. I love how fresh and up-to-date it feels with gentle humour but loaded with period beauty.
      Highly recommended.
      debx

      Delete
  6. Oh, a wonderful movie to add to my watch list, thank you Debby. I have a diffuser of Pineapple Cilantro right beside me, but lime and basil sounds pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful film Tracey. Amazing costumes, the main female protagonist was a dressmaker...oh and she has this cute little crocheted cropped jacket in one scene that's so lovely.
      Oh that diffuser sounds good.
      Hope you get to see it sometime.
      dx

      Delete
  7. I watched Bright Star a few years ago and truly enjoyed it...reading this post has made me want to watch it again. Did you ever order and read John Keats biography? I think I shall add that to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit to watching it too many times...I'm glad too that I accidentally re-posted this because it reminded me of the biography. I will order it and let you know how I get on. It sounds like an interesting read.
      dx

      Delete