Saturday 30 April 2011

Magical Moments


image via































I wasn't going to watch the Royal wedding...I had lots to do, try and finish the never ending Spring cleaning and a spot of decorating.

We hadn't even planned to go to the street party. When the invitation came, I wasn't sure if we'd be here, and the forecast wasn't good so I thought it would probably get rained off.

But then I made a pot of coffee and pancakes for breakfast and the kitchen table was still covered with the contents of a couple of cupboards, so we took it into the front room and 'A' switched the TV news on. That was it....I knew I wouldn't be able tear myself away until the nuptials were tied and I'd witnessed the balcony kiss...

Kate Middleton looked beautiful, and elegant and understated, and her groom dashing. He and Harry trying to hide their sheepish grins were like naughty school boys. The Abbey decorated with live trees made me think of a scene from Camelot and then the drive off in the Aston Martin that runs on English wine!! Well bio-ethinol made from it. It was like something out of a 1950's story book. Not to mention the beautiful carriages and automobiles.

The dress was just right. I loved the lace sleeves and the nipped in waist with the little peplum at the back, the delicate veil and choice of tiara. Fashionistas compared it to Grace Kelly's bridal gown and the similarities were there. A perfect update of a vintage style....Although I still think Princess Grace's dress could be worn today...

I was glad 'A' switched the television on because after so much bad news recently including some touching those really close to us we witnessed a really happy event that made millions of people genuinely happy. I know there is a big debate about the monarchy and the land and property they own whilst there are lots of homeless people in the UK. But it was a historical moment and it all seemed a little bit magical...

But then I got food poisoning (nothing to do with my cooking I hasten to add) and I've reached the limit of photographs that I can publish on my blogs so I can only post a few of the 114 that I took from the television coverage carefully chosen to show all those little shots that appealed to me...Not sure how I'm going to sort this one out!
I think this video kind of sums up how almost everyone felt after the wedding....

No comments:

Post a Comment