Wednesday 29 June 2011

Courgette fritters with chicken stir-fry

These courgette fritters are not the prettiest fritters in the world but they may well be the tastiest.

To make them you will need:

Courgettes(zucchinis,) flour, yoghurt, an egg and whatever spices and herbs you like.

Simply grate the courgettes. Place them in a clean dry tea-towel and fold up like a Christmas cracker then ring out to remove any excess water. Place them into a large bowl . Add fresh herbs. I didn’t have any, all I could find was a bunch of carrots in the fridge and the tops looked very herb-like…a quick Google disclosed that they are either really good for you, or very bad if you are allergic to them! Having never used them before I just tried a small amount…and we’re all still here…

I then had fun with seasoning. I added lots of dried chilli flakes; dried cumin, coriander and turmeric, black pepper and sea salt…

Next came flour, yoghurt and eggs, before combining together. Heat up a large heavy frying pan with a little olive oil and then drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil, allowing enough time for the fritters to set underneath before turning over.

The spices I used in my fritters reminded me very much of the flavours used in Indian onion Bargees or even samosas. I wasn't sure what to serve with them and decided to stir fry chicken in chilli and fresh grated ginger, that I removed from the pan and then cooked pak choy, peppers and mushrooms, seasoning with a little sesamee oil, tamari sauce and sprinkling with sesame seeds.




No comments:

Post a Comment