Thursday 1 December 2011

The count down is on and 'I licked all your biscuits'



It's the 1st of December so we can reasonably get the tree now...we're going to leave it until the weekend, so there's no rush and we can take time to choose a nice one. But I couldn't wait to go to The Covered Market at lunch time to have a look at the trees. I love it at this time of year.  When 'H' was little she wouldn't come in with me because of the venison and pheasants hanging up...good on her...


On the hunt for stocking fillers I popped into the Antique/Craft and Farmer's Market in Gloucester Green too, in an attempt to find  something a little bit different.   I did, but can't share them here... 


But I did treat myself to something from The Old Fire Station Gallery/Theatre/Cafe shop which has just re-opened, and bumped into one of the guys who was on the same Fine Art Course with me at uni...which was lovely...he's got an exhibition coming up(I will post more about the OFS here or here when I have time)


...Obsessed as I am with insects (should have studied entomology)I couldn't resist this locally made ceramic coaster by Alison Shields, that I intend to frame...I just love it...


"i licked all your biscuits"...



So I can tick off a few of the Christmas 'to-do' boxes...it's all about being a green one for us this year...trying to keep it simple, hand-made, vintage or local if possible...


A good start so far



  • Hand made foraged wreath for front door
  • Hand-knitted,vintage or locally made stocking fillers...(there might be a few that aren't but I am trying...)
two down...lots more to go...


No comments:

Post a Comment