Sunday 12 May 2013

The May Day Book

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... rain is drumming on the windows and making blossom fall off the cherry tree like confetti. Wind has blown the honeysuckle off the top of the garage so it hangs down like a big old green beard.

I am thinking...that I should go and do some gardening... that poached eggs on toast would be good for breakfast.

I am thankful...that everyone's home this weekend, tucked up and safe...

In the kitchen...there's freshly baked Three Seed Spelt Bread and Banana Loaf.

I am wearing...comfy clothes. A  stripy mustard and white T-shirt, cut-offs and hand knitted socks.

I am creating...I'm knitting a shawl in soft Katia Bamboo yarn, but it's a Quince and Co pattern, not mine, so I don't know if that counts. But I've lots of creative ideas bubbling away inside my head at the moment, artwork and recipes and book making projects.  


I am going...to a swap shop at Orinoco (Oxford  Recycling   Store)...That's If I get a riddle on before they close. 


I am wondering...what to make for supper. 

I am reading...The Summer Book, by Tove Jansson.

I am hoping...that I get time to curl up on the sofa with my Lida shawl and manage to knit at least three consecutive rows of it without unravelling any.

I am looking forward to...nephews' CD release gig in London on the 30th.

I am learning... slowly...that it's good to listen more, and talk less...

Around the house...edible flower seeds are calling me to plant them...The packets are on the table ready to be opened but the weather doesn't exactly encourage me to do so. 

I am pondering...whether to go to the Fine Art, Degree Show Preview at my old university or stay at home and do some drawing instead... 

A favourite quote for today... "...walk in the rain, smell the flowers, stop along the way, build sand castles, go on field trips, find out how things work, tell stories, say the magic words, trust the universe." Bruce Williams


I saw that on a cushion this week. Busy times make me want to slow down and build metaphorical sand castles....I miss being impetuous...

One of my favorite things...is behind me now on the study wall. A small hand stitched piece of fraying cotton fabric. "I LOVE YOU" stitched in wool with big running stitches by a little hand, now grown large. 

 A few plans for the rest of the week: 


  • Plant seeds and trim the honeysuckle beard



A peek into my day...
























linking to The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. lovely daybook! I hope you do get the chance to work on your shawl. Today here is mother's day so I'm enjoying my day and will be knitting with friends later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. Happy Mother's Day. I did manage to get past a tricky part...but I have a little bit of unravelling before I go any further...

    ReplyDelete