Sunday 14 June 2015

in and out, and my edible garden :: radish leaf pesto



good things...
  • a long relaxing soak in the bath after an equally long day
  • white linen and clean glasses
  • picking the first salad leaves and radishes and making pesto using this recipe except that I substituted  pine kernels for the nuts and omitted the cheese and added a good squeeze of lemon juice...(We've had lots of lovely visitors and I've eaten too much cheese and biscuits after suppers...I'm a bit cheesed out...) Salad made from the radish sliced with ripe tomatoes, salad leaves dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. Served with moist salmon fillet steamed for about seven or eight minutes with a little sea salt and fresh lemon juice
  • tickets for gorgeous Alys Fowler's talk, How to have your garden and eat it: growing vegetables and flowers together next week...yey, can't wait...
...how does your garden grow? 
debx

8 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious and healthy. I'm kicking myself now for not growing any radishes this year! Hope you enjoy your talk!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, it was scrumptious. I can't wait for Saturday, I'm so excited to meet Alys.
      dx

      Delete
  2. Yum! I've been making pesto using basil and kale, but will have to try the radish leaves.
    I gave up dairy a month ago because of cheese, oh how I miss it, it's so good!
    Beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a nice combination Tracey. I know we have great local cheese here it is so tempting. I had totally given up eating cheese but it's so hard here!
      Have an awesome week,
      dx

      Delete
  3. oh we didn't start our garden yet but I'd like to! Looks like you are enjoying yourselves, and spending time together over good food, that is what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so enjoying the garden now that it's up and running Karen.
      dx

      Delete
  4. hello debby,
    your bath is great. love the little enamel ....i think i have the same, my is from ikea. the little cabinet is a dream.
    your garden looks wonderful,a wonderful place to relax. beautiful dishes.
    your meal makes me hungry....my sister in law missed good cheese here in germany.
    i have two book from alys fowler.
    wish you a wonderful time,
    hugs regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Regina. It is the same, mines from Ikea too a gift from one of my sister-in-law's.
      The garden is really blooming now. In just a few weeks everything has blossomed and is shooting up. Thank you for your pesto recipe...it was delicious.
      Is your sister-in-law English? I wonder which Alys Fowler books you have. I have the thrifty forager but want to get the edible garden...I hope that she brings some books for her talk.
      I'll let you know all about it...I can't wait for saturday.
      bye for now,
      debx

      Delete