Weekdays are busy. I'm always looking for new recipes for those days. New favourites are Jamie Oliver's Sweet Potato Muffins and Hugh Fearnley-Whitingstall's Beetroot Burgers and Spinachy wraps. If you like beetroot and felafel, you will love these. I found another simple breakfast recipe for baked oats here. I made it the night before, leaving it in the fridge overnight, and then popped into the oven to bake whilst making morning coffee. Cut into squares and then served warm with butter melting on top it makes a delicious alternative to porridge or cereals. The little squares are good to eat on the go too, and would make great lunch box deserts.
- Mango and avocado salad with Jamie Olivers sweet potato muffins video and recipe
- Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Spinachy Wraps. These chick pea (garbanzo bean/gram) flour wraps with a spinach filling are extremely more-ish and very easy to make. The chick pea flour adds a nutty dimension. I've also made them with left over salad leaves like watercress and rocket instead of spinach, they are just as tasty. I love them with baby gem lettuce leaves, cottage cheese and green olives.
- crunchy pears
- this turkey mince bake but with a potato and not squash mash
- stocking up on omega three. Cheap and cheerful. I love the vintage style packaging and wish I could do something withe them...some kind of Christmas decoration?
- Labeling what's left of the original sweet cherry wine to squirrel away for Christmas
- Hugh Fearnley Whitingstall's beetroot burgers. These along with the spinach wraps are my favourite new recipe, made by grating raw beetroot, carrot, onion, garlic with cooked chickpeas, spices and seasoning. Just blitzed together and combined to make tasty little burgeers, these are amazing.
- Baked oats. Love this easy recipe. It's one that you can vary depending what's in your store cupboard.
Weekend now and time for a bit of slow cooking...
Hope you have a good one,