It's official, eggs aren't bad for you...I just love them and as I don't eat red meat and only a little chicken every so often, I'm glad to have an alternative source of protein. You can make so many tasty lunch or light supper dishes with them often just by raiding the pantry to see what's there.
To made my spicy Moroccan style lunch you will need the following per person:
- One medium sized new potato
- One small parsnip
- Two small or one large mushroom
- A tablespoonful of frozen peas
- A clove of garlic
- A little turmeric, ground coriander and ground cumin
- Ground sea salt and black pepper
- One chilli
- Olive oil
If you're really hungry, serve with warmed pitta bread and fresh salad leaves of herbs.
A kind of scrumptious Moroccan style bubble and squeak topped with a lovely runny egg...