Sunday 27 June 2010

These Boots Were Made for Walking

Yippee, it's bare feet time. Well in the house any way. It's hotter than Greece today! Time to kick off the slippers and say goodbye to my faithful old boots....well for a bit.....
...but I shan't put them too far away....not the loft.....maybe just the bottom of the cupboard....because I do love my boots....the Doc Martin ankle boots, the long leather Macsamillion Bootmaker ones and the tall laced DM's.....not very sexy...definitely utilitarian....but boots are to keep your feet warm and dry, to let you run and skip and definitely not squeeze your toes.....

What was the advice my sister-in-law said her father had given to her about choosing a partner. That it's a bit like choosing a pair of shoes.......It's nice to have the beautiful sexy elegant ones (mine are in boxes on the top shelf of the wardrobe) but for every day you want a nice snuggly comfy pair........

I wonder if he gave the same advice to my husband? oohh....... not sure if I like that.......does that mean I'm the nice, snuggly comfy pair...........?

No comments:

Post a Comment