Monday 27 September 2010

The Delightful Miss Dahl - Recipe No.7



Pan fried orange halibut with watercress puree...another success. I actually used sustainable Norwegian cod because it was reduced, and clementines because that's what was in the fruit bowl.

You simply make a puree of watercress by removing the stalks, chopping finely and then sauteing in melted butter until soft. Season and then liquidise.

Then quickly pan fry the fish on each side for a few minutes. Add the zest and juice of half the orange and a little olive oil and heat through for a couple more minutes to make a warm dressing. Serve on top of the watercress puree.

Miss D serves this up with freshly chopped herbs. I used seasonal vegetables...that are rapidly going out of season...

Possibly not my all time favourite of her seafood dishes. I prefer the Sea bass with black olive salsa (page 177/8) But still a good thumbs up. This is a very quick supper to make when you are really busy. You could even substitute the watercress with spinach which would really cut out the necessity of liquidising.

You can find the recipe on page 179 of her book Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights which you can see her talking about here:


...my infatuation with Miss Dahl and her food continues...although I'm not too keen on the music...

2 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds delicious! I keep meaning to watch her show now it is on tv here - must catch up.

    Would love to join in your pantry meme, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool....I'll be in touch AlyshaJane......

    ReplyDelete