Thursday 30 September 2010

I had it all planned out. I was out last night and we're out again tomorrow. 'A' was visiting friends in London and eating with them so I was home alone. It'd be nice to have an evening in, just relax and watch a bit of mid-week TV. I could indulgently cook smoked cod risotto (no-one else likes risotto, or the smell of fish cooking) and it was the first episode of a new Nigella series called Kitchen, at 8pm.

So if I organized things well I could make the risotto and sit in front of the TV eating a big bowl of comfort food whilst watching someone else cook....perfect......


But I was running late so recorded it whilst I finished cooking.....

Wouldn't you know it....I accidentally recorded a re-run.......

...Oh but the risotto was perfect. I made it the same method as I used here but started by sauteing spring onion in olive oil and a little butter. Cooking the smoked cod at the same time.
Then removing it and putting to one side, so that it didn't over cook. Then returning it in the last five or so minutes of cooking, along with cooked garden peas, grated Parmesan cheese and lots of fresh black pepper. I didn't use salt as both the fish and the cheese are salty. Finally added a big squeeze of lime juice.....mmmm.....

Oh and I can watch Kitchen another day on iplayer.....and I think it's repeated at the weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment