Wednesday 15 December 2010

Veg Box Lunch and the Buzz of a Submission


This morning has been great....such a buzz....then great lunch.

I have been doing some creative things recently, making paper snowflakes! don't laugh....and preparing artwork for a school workshop. But then last night I got an email from my old uni. They've just had a big heap of money invested and are starting up an Artist's Agency for student's and Alumni and they're asking us for submissions for The Affordable Art Fair in London, which is a big deal. The email was sent last night and the deadline is today so I put off everything I was going to do today to find ten images of work, update my CV and write a statement. I don't know why, but it was so much fun. Probably because I'm spending a lot of time on other none artwork....which I love and is a change and I do meet a lot of creative people...Maybe it's the potential promise of the buzz of selling in London that just takes me back to my lovely time at uni when we took the degree show there......I'd just love to get selected...but if not it's been a fun morning anyway.

Oh and lunch.....not much time to spare so a quick root in yesterday's veg box revealed a couple of sweet potatoes. I think they were substitutes for the pumpkin I cancelled.....I'm a bit pumpkined out since Halloween.....

Baked in the oven for thirty minutes or so, a little butter, sprinkle of sea-salt, grating of Parmesan, a bit of salad ooh and yummy Red Chilli Relish and eaten at the computer......not really good table manners.....but delicious.....Aren't the simplest meals often the best?

....Not sure what to do with the kohlrabi though.....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Caz, the initial feedback's been very good, so fingers crossed it get's through the next stage!!

    ReplyDelete