Wednesday 18 February 2015

Happy Valentines Day



Whoops: edit: I just accidentally republished this old post and didn't mean too but I don't want to delete it because it reminds me of mum and dad. So please just ignore it...Thank you.

Dad made this for mum in 1975. I'm not sure if it was for Valentines Day or their wedding anniversary. He was a romantic. Sometimes big gestures. But often lots of little things like this. I'm not sure what it's made of it looks like copper but feels like brittle plastic or glass and is kind-of etched. I think it's really cute.

I haven't made anything for 'A' yet but it's still early in the day. I will...and to begin with these are all for him. That's if he still wants to be my valentine...


11 comments:

  1. Why not save money and eat healthier at the same time? It’s something everyone wants to do. As luck would have it it is not as hard as many people seem to believe. You can eat good for you every day while saving money in a dozen different ways.Saving money and staying healthy is very simple if you’re careful about what you eat and buy. Unluckily most people overlook the most obvious choices when it comes to saving money; beans, grains, and other staple items really are the best options. You can still eat foods you enjoy, though. Just make good decisions at the grocery store! Instead of eating out at lunch time, cook in bulk and bring the leftovers to work; you just saved a ton of money by incorporating that. learn more:

    Healthy cooking tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just made a big pot of Minestrone soup for lunch and it was delicious Dan full of lots of fresh vegetables and cannellini beans....and my daughter whose home from university asked for the recipe so she can make it too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you vmichelle.....you too......:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great song choices! I really like Noah and the Whale - thanks for introducing them to me!

    We had the most ordinary Valentine's Day Evening - a dreary, long winded body corporate meeting - ughh! But we knew it was coming so we had a lovely evening out a few nights ago instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome Rel. They are good aren't they....They were supposed to be performing here in Oxford in May but I've just discovered it's been cancelled which is a shame.....never mind...thank goodness for Youtube!!

    Shame about your valentines day too, but sounds like you still managed to celebrate....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww ... that's so sweet ... I hope you and your Valentine had a lovely day! :)
    (PS. I'll catch up properly with you soon ... things have been crazy for me lately).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tracye we had a great day although both working for most of it...hope you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how much you are still in love with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Caz....I can't help it he's just so lovely....

    ReplyDelete