To make my green and purple salad for two people I used:
- Salad leaves
- One small red onion sliced finely
- Half a cup of frozen peas.
- A large handful of blueberries
- One green pear cored and sliced lengthwise
Honey and Mustard Dressing
- A teaspoonful of grainy mustard
- A teaspoonful of runny honey
- A dessertspoonful of Olive oil
- A couple of tablespoonfuls of Balsamic vinegar
- Cook the peas in boiling water, drain and leave to cool.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a jug and check the flavour, adjusting if necessary. I don't like too much oil in salad dressing but you may like to add more.
- Wash all the salad fruit and vegetables and drain in a colander.
- Slice the pear and onion.
- Layer the salad ingredients in a large dish beginning with the leaves. Tumble in the peas and blueberries and then top with the onion rings. Give a gentle toss and then top with the pears
- Pour over some salad dressing when serving.
I served the salad with this pie but omitted the grated Parmesan and made with potato not squash mash topping, flavoured with grainy mustard...yum...