Nice pottering weekend...no big plans...no visitors just time to catch up...
...and make Blackberry Cake with berries foraged from the woods
- Fresh blackberries
- 5 oz/125g of sifted self raising flour
- 4 oz/100gs of butter or substitute
- 4 oz/100g of moscovado sugar...(I always think that sounds Russian !)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk or substitute
- Vanilla and almond extract
- A little extra butter and sugar to line the base of the baking pan
- Remove any little inhabitants from the blackberries and wash in cold water.
- Butter the bottom of a cake pan, sprinkle with a little sugar or honey and then place the blackberries on top
- Put all the remaining ingredients into a baking bowl and mix really well until everything is blended together.
- Pour the batter over the blackberries
- Preheat the oven 160c/325f/gas mark 3. Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin.