I know that I'm becoming a bit of a beetroot top bore but here's another beetroot top recipe. This time for a lovely autumnal soup fresh from the garden.
For four servings you will need:
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- A couple of handfuls of beetroot tops (or cavolo nero or swiss chard would work too)
- A small piece of Savoy cabbage
- Fresh or frozen garden peas
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Place the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Drop in the beetroot tops and cabbage and reduce the heat.
- Cook for about five or ten minutes until both are tender adding the frozen peas in during the last couple of minutes. Add sooner if using fresh peas.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with crusty bread.
This is a delicious fresh soup that's full of lovely strong flavour from the cabbage and beetroot leaves and sweetness from the peas and such a pretty colour. It makes a lovely simple easy to prepare light lunch.
For more yummy soup recipes why not check over here where I've linked over today.