Monday 21 November 2011

I forgot to show this to you...




I forgot to show our completed summer garden project to you. I mentioned it back here and even linked to a video to show you what we planned, but then I forgot to share the end results, our garden oven.  


'A' and I had a fun weekend making this at the end of the summer.  First we lugged stones and mossy bricks from the woods and made a strong base.  We covered it with fire bricks making sure that it was level. Then we modelled a dome of damp sand to  mould the oven with clay.  Once completed, we dug out all the damp sand, then lit a fire to dry the clay.  


It was perfect just what we wanted...We could bake bread and pizzas or vegetables...just imagine the  meals we could produce using kindling from the woods to heat the oven...what great outdoor parties we could throw...but then the clay began to crack...we will use it...it will be fun...but for now it's covered with a tarpaulin, probably until the spring when it will be fun to play with...


I posted lots more photo's here...and I will as promised do a simple tutorial in hob oven making...although the one I linked to is really good...

No comments:

Post a Comment