Tuesday 20 December 2011

Yarn ALong -






More small projects.  A single rib scarf that still requires matching wrist-warmers that hopefully will get knitted tomorrow evening.  And  I've bought some colourful yarn as the fair isle leg warmers I had intended to make for another stocking filler would never been made in time...but this is so much quicker...I pinched the idea from here.  I'm just making plain stocking stitch ones but I think I prefer the reverse side. I quickly stitched up another pair or hopsolot bunny slippers and have had requests for two more pairs...they seem to be breeding...


Reading?   Most of the spare time at the moment gets taken up with baking or knitting for the weekend but I have managed to read a few more pages of Fruitlands. I'm still enjoying it and hope that over the holidays I'll be able to indulge in a bit more...but if not, there'll be plenty of time after...I don't want to miss out on any time with friends and family...


...and then I must make the knitted boxer dog...


I've linked over to small things again. Why not pop over and have a look what everyone else is making and reading...I am...Better still, why not join in the yarn along too...


14 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos. Those slippers are gorgeous. (Can you tell me, is the pattern adult size or child? My girls would love some of these.) Greer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those bunny slippers. I'm not really knitting at the moment with all the lovely weather but come winter these could be just the thing now that we have moved from carpet to floorboards!

    If I don't get the chance before Christmas I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed sharing all your adventures this year. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and may the New Year bring you all much joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you Greer. The pattern comes in small, medium and large adult size, but they are quite small. It's a really easy pattern to make so I think it would be simple to size it down to a smaller size. Or maybe find a tiny pattern for simple knitted slippers and add on a tail and ears...when I have a little more time I'll have a look and see if I can find one for you...
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Caz they are so cute as soon as anyone sees them they ask me to make them a pair too...even one of my sisters...

    Thanks for the holiday wishes. I too hope that your Christmas will be full of fun and happiness, the new year too...wow...2012 where does the time go...?

    lots of love,
    Debx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures!

    Pretty yarn and cute hopsalots. I have the pattern, but have yet to make a pair! I want Bunny Slippers! Must get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through the yarn along. I love the bunny slippers. They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute those bunny slippers and I so love that yarn! Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness! those bunny slippers are amazingly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THOSE SLIPPERS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bunny slippers- they really are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your knits are always so beautiful deb, but those slippers have to be the cutest things ever. i must make a pair soon.
    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for the nice comments...the slippers are really cute and so easy to make. They always put a big smile on everyone's face when they're given a pair.

    Hope all have happy fun Chrismas weekends...
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those slippers are super cute. And thanks for introducing me to small things

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoops...sorry I forgot to say I've also linked over to here http://tamisamis.blogspot.com/ for the first time today...

    DEb

    ReplyDelete