I soon found the big stash of Selvedge and Interior magazines she left by the bed for me to read and I was as happy as a bee in pollen...
'A' lit up the barbecue and cooked a fillet steak for himself and a salmon one for me and I managed to pry myself away from the magazines just long enough to make a speedy vegetable stir-fry.
To make our BBQ'd Salmon steak with Speedy Vegetable Stir-fry you will need:
- A barbecue heated up and ready to go
- One salmon steak per person or fillet steak
- Sea salt and crushed black peppercorns
- Olive oil
- Some spring greens or a small summer cabbage
- A sweet red pepper...I love the long thin ones
- A handful of mushrooms
- One crushed glove of garlic
- A couple of spring onions (scallions)
- A small piece of ginger, grated finely
- A small hot chilli (optional)
- Tamari sauce
- A lime
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper
- Place on the barbecue with the skin side down and cook until the skin is crunchy and brown about six to eight minutes.
- Turn over and continue cooking for about four minutes.
- Meanwhile wash, peel, deseed and cut all the other vegetables into similar sized pieces.
- Put some ground nut oil or rapeseed oil into a pan and heat up.
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes before adding the other vegetables and continuing to cook for about five minutes further.
- Season with Tamari/Soy sauce and fresh lemon juice.
- Serve with the barbecued salmon.
Enjoyed as the sun was going down...