Thursday 23 August 2012

Horsham





We visited Horsham village for the Thursday market when we were in Sussex at the beginning of the school holidays.  It has a sweet little museum and art gallery with a lovely old walled garden that beckoned to us from a reflection on a glass cabinet. The market is tiny but has great local produce including honey and a bakery stall with the most amazing black-current scones. It also has great shops housed in lovely old buildings including an amazing amount of charity shops which is great if like me you are into recycling and The Steamer Trading Cookshop  where you can find almost any piece of kitchen equipment that you may ever need. 

8 comments:

  1. I think I would like Sussex and spending a day browsing around. I am not much of a shopper, but judging from the photo, I know I could do some serious damage to my budget at The Steamer Trading Cookshop. Did you find anything wonderful to bring home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a shopper either Tracey you may remember from my search for a dress a few weeks ago although I do love Bazzars and markets. We were looking for a little coffee grinder...a manual one. We've been looking for a long time but with no luck. I'm sure one will turn up eventually.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a wonderful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the kinds of stores I love to browse in! Lovely photos of your outing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day swanski...amazing weather.

      Delete
  4. It looks like a gorgeous village - and that bakery stall looks dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't resist one of those big blackcurrent scones...it was delicious Rel...

    ReplyDelete