Supper was a repetition of a recipe that once made has become a firm favourite. Sophie Dahl's chick pea/garbanzo bean burgers. I rang the changes a little by using a mixture of chick peas and my favourite black eyed beans. I love their smoky flavour.
I served them with a warm seasonal salad:
- Salad leaves or one small lettuce of choice
- One small thinly sliced red onion
- Fresh garden peas
- Broccoli florets or sprouting broccoli
- A handful of mushrooms sliced thinly
- One sweet pepper ditto
- A couple of sliced tomatoes
- A clove of garlic
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Honey mustard dressing
- Cook the onions in a little oil with crushed garlic and a little sea salt and black pepper. Whoops that should be mushrooms!
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water or alternatively use raw.
- Steam the broccoli (if not using raw)
- Combine all the ingredients and dress with the honey mustard dressing.
Lunch was a quick sandwich of a simple guacamole made by mashing ripe avocado with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Piling up on good bread and then topping with salad vegetables of choice.
Desert: These busy days I've been grateful for the abundance of amazing fruit...the perfect sweet end to any meal.
Edit: Busy breakfast was homemade granola with almond milk...mmm...