Thursday 18 March 2010

The Legendary Cuisine of Persia

I keep meaning to share one of of my collection of recipe books with you each week but only managed to talk about one so far. There's always so much else to write about. 

But as Iranian New Year is approaching I just have to show you 'The Legendary Cuisine of Persia' by Margaret Shaida. Like me Margaret is an English woman married to an Iranian man....although unlike me she has spent a number of years living in Iran.

I've explained before that I learned to make Persian food from friends and relatives mostly my lovely mother-in-law Mama and also from my darling husband 'A' who is an amazing cook.

But for anyone who is interested in learning how to make the most delicious Persian food I would really recommend this book. The instructions are easy and clear to follow with alternatives for ingredients that may be hard to find. There are lots of interesting pages about the customs and celebrations of Iran, a glossary, index and bibliography as well as a list of 'hot' and 'cold' foods.....the yin and yang of Persian cooking so that meals can be balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment