Wednesday 19 May 2010

Five Faves

It's been a manically busy week, and I've got lots of ideas for posts that I want to write squirreled away in my head, but here's a quick look at five of my favourite things for the week.

One was this little metal country style jug that my lovely sister-in-law 'S' bought me on Friday.......

Two.... new stationary products. I just love this white card folder...not sure why but it makes me think of origami.......


and this old-fashioned green, cardboard storage box, with a little metal name plate.


Three, the satisfaction of having sixteen new artworks, mounted, framed and named and ready for exhibition....
and four trellis panels painted for the same exhibition. Unfortunately I also painted my shoes and the garden path. Even though I did try to protect them both!

Four, running out of paint for the trellis and discovering an amazing sale on the way to buy more..... and finding a James Lakeland linen cardigan, Donna Karen top that's too big but I can alter, and the most amazing skirt by Debbie Shuchat. It's kind of asymmetrical but looks really good and it only cost £5!

Five, a lovely surprise package from 'H' containing amongst other things a packet of three walnut whips! A trip down memory lane in a packet........ I didn't know they still made them.......

oh and six, the, first rhubarb of the season.........


................cooked using a Flapjack Plum Pudding recipe and served in my maternal grandmother's Alfred Meakin china.....
It's so easy to make a topping with equal quantities of oats, brown sugar and butter (or substitutes for both.) Approximately 75grams of each. Just melt the butter and mix in the sugar and oats. Then place on top of prepared fruit in a buttered oven proof dish and bake in pre-heated oven, regulo 4/180 degrees C for 35 to 40 minutes.
Because rhubarb isn't a soft fruit like plums, I cooked it for a little while first in a saucepan with a little bit of honey and a touch of water and a tiny sprig of rosemary. Not too much so it didn't taste soapy.
The topping is lovely and chewy with little bits of the fruit juice bubbling out through the crust. Yummy just by itself or served with custard, cream or homemade vanilla ice cream......mmmmmm


Don't forget to check out everyone else in the meme over at Meet Me At Mikes........

No comments:

Post a Comment