Thursday 12 August 2010

Nigel Slater's Green Chicken Curry






When I open Nigel Slater's 'Real Food' cookery book, it automatically turns to page 102, Green Chicken Curry. I've made it so many times. It's delicious. Yesterday I was really busy drawing, and H wanted Thai Green Curry after working hard in her holiday, office job, but I didn't really have time to do all that chopping, and so I cheated. I didn't make the green curry paste but bought a jar. It had all the yummy, tasty, spicy ingredients all ready for me. I diced the chicken and the mushrooms and browned them in olive oil. Then added the coconut milk, the curry paste, the nam pla Thai fish sauce, and fresh chopped coriander and boiled the rice.

Oh and did the same with a piece of salmon because I wanted fish. It was really delicious. But if you'd like to find out how to make it properly you can watch Nigel Slater cook it for Nadia Sawalha.....please excuse any advertisements that come up, they're nothing to do with me. You can see the recipe here. mmm....double yummy......

No comments:

Post a Comment