Monday 13 December 2010

Some Nice New Things



I can't believe we missed out on getting the Christmas tree yesterday. I could happily accommodate one from the 1st of December......before then is a little bit too soon. I love bringing the outdoors in, having that amazing pine fresh smell in the house. Then the decorations that we bring out each year, especially the lights.... I just want to keep all winter. I love all those homely traditions and I don't even complain about the pine needles and keep the tree right until 12th night.


So the 12th of December was quite late for us to go tree shopping. We happened to pop into TK-Max first which was close by, just to pick up a few odd stocking fillers. But then I spotted a little short mac. Cute, double- breasted, boxy with button tabs at the back so you can nip the waist in if you like, and nice pocket detail. I had to try it on. It fitted perfectly. I lost a similar one at Munich airport the summer before last so it would be a perfect replacement. I checked the price an couldn't believe it was Calvin Klein and reduced from £189 to £49.99! I'm not a name snob, I really love homemade, handcrafted and vintage if I can find things that suit me, or have the time to make them. But I do like the simplicity of some of his designs. Sadly recently despite quite a bit of vintage rooting I haven't found anything suitable for me at all.


So I was doubly pleased to spot a lovely wintry checked dress/tunic in soft brushed cotton. It said size 16 which is much too big for me, but it looked smaller, so I tried it on and it fitted perfectly........I hope it still does after Christmas! A bargain at £5....and the best thing is that when I got home I discovered that it isn't size 16 but age 16!!! I can't believe it fitted me!!


Then on the bargain rail I spotted a simple grey knee length skirt with the best cut over the tummy (£11) and finally something I've been looking for in all the vintage shops for ages but couldn't find.....a grey granny cardigan....a nice big soft cuddly cardigan. I'm sorted.....let it snow......


...but not much....the jacket's really for spring....and the skirt isn't that warm.....


Oh and the tree? the store closed at 4am and we were too late....
Plan for after work tonight......tree shopping......

No comments:

Post a Comment