We watched Carnage at our local independent cinema Wednesday evening. Interesting witty Polanski film with good performances. Then enjoyed a simple pasta supper.
Leek and Broccoli pasta.
- Enough pasta for two people. I used gluten free spaghetti
- One leek
- One head of broccoli
- A couple of cloves of garlic
- A little fresh ginger
- Olive oil
- Tomato puree
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Prepare the leek. Top and tail then slice or shred and wash thoroughly.
- Saute in olive oil until soft. Season. Add the ginger, either chopped finely or grated and the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add a little water and tomato puree and continue to cook.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in plenty of hot seasoned water. Remembering to bring it up to the boil before adding the pasta. It's the bubbles which help to keep the strands separate.
- Prepare the broccoli cutting into small florets. Use the stalk too cutting into smaller pieces.
- Add the broccoli to the cooking spaghetti in the last five minutes or so...depending how well you like it cooked. I prefer it to be a little crunchy and have kept it's lovely green colour.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add to the saucepan with the leeks.
- Then plate up. You can serve with a grating of Parmesan if you like...but flavour-wise it really doesn't need anything.
A great quick supper...