It was lovely to get this versatile blogger award from Keri a couple of months ago. It's a good feeling to be noticed and it gives me the opportunity to tell you about 15 versatile blogs that are new to me, and then pay it forward to them. I'm just sorry it's taken me so long to get around to do my bit. So thank you Keli it brought a beaming smile to my face.
Here's what I have to do:
1. Thank the person who awarded it to you and link to their blog. ( I can tick that one )
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this one to 15 newly discovered or new to you blogs.
Here goes...Seven things about myself...
I think you already know too much about me, but you may not know that:
1. Since I was a little girl I've wanted to see the Aurora Borealis. The magical Northern Lights.
2. I love insects. Especially dragonflies and snails and spiders...which is really useful as my husband is the most extreme arachnophobe ever...
3. I have a 5cm diagonal scar right across an artery on my right wrist from an accident I had when I was a little girl. I try to hide it because I don't want anyone to think I'm a mad woman whose tried to slash her wrists.
4."TOP SECRET - KEEP OUT"
We were the 'Famous Four,' me and my three sisters. (I'm the little blonde with a too-short fringe, peeping out second from the left.) We would meet regularly in our grandparents garden shed. I seem to remember a row of little seats attached to the walls...in hindsight it was probably a low shelf for storing tools. If I remember correctly, our meetings involved lots of chocolate digestive biscuits, and Ribena. Or sometimes morning coffee biscuits with honey on top and ice-cream soda...That's fizzy cream-soda pop, with a spoonful of ice-cream in that went all fizzy and creamy.
5.I also remember that we signed a secret document with our names in blood. I think that some members, including myself, were a little less enthusiastic about this bit than the biscuit part and had to be encouraged. In the end we compromised and signed our name in pencil and then pricked our fingers and marked it with a drop of blood. We then hid our secret document in a little tin box in my grandparents back garden...I wonder if it's still there..
6.I love rain. The drizzly scotch mist type that falls when you're walking in the Lake district and gives you rosy cheeks and perfect skin. The continental thunderstorm downpours in the middle of the summer that drench you to the skin in a second...The sound of rain drumming on the roof of the car or the bedroom windows. Best of all when I'm tucked up in bed on a cold winter night with a good book and the shipping forecast on radio 4 (not to mention hubby).
7. I would like to live 'On Golden Pond'...I love the ramshackle house that Katharine Hepburn and Henry Fonder's characters, the Thayers, visit for the summer. That it's ensconced in a wood on the edge of a lake. That the postman delivers their mail by boat. That Ethel Thayer wanders into the woods to collect firewood and wild berries, and that evenings are spent reading books by a crackling log fire or playing board games...or skinny dipping in the lake!
...well maybe just for the summer...
Now for the passing on bit:
I've been reading so many new versatile blogs recently mostly thanks to Ginny of Small Things Yarn Along blog hop. Here are some that have an interesting mix of lovely photos's, interesting projects, interesting reads, yummy food and best of all family times. I'm passing this award on to you all:
1. Lori Ann at lori times five
2. Tracey at clover
3. Angelina over here
3. Tonya at plain and joyful living
4. Natalie at plain-jane-remembrance
4. Jodie of homespunbliss
5. Proudmama at mindless ramblings
6. Cheryl at time to craft
7. Swanski at pumpkin sunrise
8. Jen at the evolving homemaker and
9. Pinkundine at misadventures in craft
10.Hurraiyic over here
11.Hege at cloudberry
12.come on in x
13.Denise at keep calm and carry on
14.Meadow at meadow magic
15.Emma at just having a yarn
I hope that they will pay it forward too...
(whoops sorry - I had to edit as one of the videos didn't work)